Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back at it everything is different.
– C.S. Lewis
This is 23
Looking back at the last year, I feel accomplished and proud. There were ups and downs but I’m grateful for another year. At twenty-two, I got my very own apartment, traveled, gained new experiences, and grew as a person overall.
There is just something about waking up on your birthday. The type of excitement you only get once a year, I’m all about it.
I’ve started a tradition over the last two years. Every birthday I do something for myself. I took my birthday week off so I was able to enjoy it as a vacation. Here are the things I did on ME day!
- Facial – I got a facial and dermaplaning done, wow my face feels lovely.
- Blow out – It’s a special occasion right? Get your hair done!
- Gluten-free cake – It’s my birthday and I want to be able to eat my cake too.
- Massage – Relax and rejuvenate.
- Spent time with friends and family – Spend time with the ones closest to you.
To me birthdays are about enjoying your day, celebrating you, and reflecting on the past year as well as setting goals for what you want in the next year.
As long as you’re happy and healthy that is all that matters.
Life gets busy, don’t forget to celebrate yourself every day.
3 tips for 23
- Do you – do what you want to do. If it makes you happy there is no reason why you shouldn’t do it. I often don’t do things because I feel that I’m not ready. Honestly, you’ll never be ready just do it, it’s a starting point.
- Take care of yourself – Health is so important. whether that’s going to the doctor for that headache you’ve been having or eating healthy and exercising. Take care of yourself and your body.
- Practice gratitude – We are continuously striving to be our best selves, start your day with three things you’re grateful for. your perspective changes and you gain a better understanding of what is important.